Easter Events in the Sacramento Area – 2017
Easter Events in the Sacramento Area
Easter is a popular holiday for children, and there’s no place like Sacramento to plan your Spring festivities. With over a dozen Easter events throughout our region, kids can hunt eggs to their heart’s content. We’ve put together this list of this year’s Easter events to help our readers plan for the upcoming holiday. Let’s get hoppin’!
- The Bunny Breakfast & Eggs Galore event is scheduled for April 8 in Olde Florintown Park. The free Easter Egg Hunt includes plenty of activities for kids of all ages. The breakfast with the Easter Bunny is just $7 per family and begins at 8:30 am.
- Another popular event is the Spring Eggstravaganza at Fairytale Town. Held in Sacramento’s William Land Park, this event features egg hunts, prizes, crafts and more! Egg hunts are scheduled for 12, 1 and 2 pm. Admission is $7 per person (children under age 1 are free). The Children’s Theater will also be on-site for special puppet performances at 12:30, 1:30 & 2:30 pm. Puppet show tickets are just $2. Peter Cottontail will be there, and families can purchase photos with him for $5.
Spring Eggstravaganza at Fairytale Town
- Additionally, the Egg-o-Rama and Pancake breakfast is also happening on April 15. The event is held at the Howe Community Park. The breakfast is $3 per person and is served from 8:30-11 am. The carnival/egg hunt is held from 9:30 a.m. to noon and is $5 per child.
- There is also a Spring Fling and Breakfast with the Bunny event taking place in North Highlands on Saturday, April 15. Breakfast is held at the North Highlands Recreation Center from 8-10 am and is $5 per person. After breakfast, hop on over to Freedom Park for a free event featuring an egg hunt, balloon twisters, carnival games, petting zoo and more.
- Families looking for something different will love the Underwater Egg Hunt happening at Sacramento’s Fruitridge Aquatic Center. Scheduled for Saturday, April 15, the event takes place from 1-3 pm. The event costs $3 per child and includes open swim sessions before and after the egg hunt.
The annual Carmichael Egg Hunt & Pancake Breakfast will be held on Saturday, April 15. This free egg hunt takes place from 9-11 am at Carmichael Park and will feature egg hunts, crafts and more. The pancake breakfast is available for purchase.
CSD Spring EGG’stravaganza
- Don’t miss McConnell Estates family-friendly event where kids can have their photo taken with the Easter Bunny. The scenic estate features a majestic house built over 100 years ago. This free event starts at noon on April 8 and ends at 4 pm. Located on West Stockton Blvd in Elk Grove.
- The Elk Grove Spring EGGstravaganza festival takes place on Saturday, April 15 at Elk Grove Regional Park. The event is free and includes Easter egg hunts, amusement rides, carnival games, face painting, a petting zoo and more. The event starts with a Breakfast with the Bunny pancake breakfast (the breakfast is $5 in advance, or $7 at the door).
El Dorado Hills Aquatic Center
El Dorado Hills
Join the Easter Bunny in El Dorado Hills on April 15 for a fun-filled day of Easter egg hunting. Join the community at 9 am at El Dorado Hills Community Park for a traditional egg hunt, then head over to the El Dorado Hills Aquatic Center at 2 pm for a fun-filled Aqua-Egg Hunt. Kids will collect plastic eggs adrift in the pool and redeem the eggs for candy and special goodies. Don’t forget to bring your own basket for egg-collecting!
The Fair Oaks Eggstravaganza is being held on April 15 from 9 am to 1 pm at Fair Oaks Park. The all-ages festival has carnival games, inflatables, face painting and more! An Adult Egg Hunt is part of the event and participants will have the chance to find gift cards and prizes (Adult Egg Hunt is $10). The event will start with a $5 breakfast ($3 for kids) to be held at the McMillan Center located adjacent to Fair Oaks Park.
The Folsom community hold their annual Eggstravaganza event on April 15 from 8-11 am.The event takes place at Lembi Park in Folsom. The all-ages festival features egg hunts, a kiddie carnival, entertainment and vendor displays. The Folsom Eggstravaganza is free to all, but organizers ask attendees to bring a canned food item to donate to the Twin Lakes Food Bank.
Rancho Cordova Hoppin’ & Huntin’
The Cordova Recreation and Park District will be hosting their annual Hoppin’ & Huntin’ Easter celebration on April 15. The festivities begin with an 8:30 am pancake breakfast ($2 per person) followed by a free egg hunts plus games, music, face painting, inflatable houses, contests and prizes. The Easter Bunny will be available for photos as well. The event takes place at Hagan Community Park in Rancho Cordova.
Choosing an Easter Event
Families in the Sacramento region have many options for Easter events close to home. Looking for other things do in the Sacramento area? Check out our comprehensive listing of places to go in the region and our Things To Do blog category.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Michele is a freelance writer based in Sacramento county. She lives in Elk Grove with her husband, two children and four cats. Michele is proud of her role as a working mother and maintains a full-time career. Writing is one of Michele’s passions and she aims to share her unique perspective on parenting through the written word.View All Posts