Easter Egg Hunts in the Sacramento Area
Easter Egg Hunt in the Sacramento Area
Easter Egg Hunt – With the winter holidays behind us, it’s time to start thinking about Easter Egg Hunt and Spring celebrations. Warmer weather is on the horizon, and it’s a great time to enjoy the things Sacramento has to offer! Sacramento is a superb location for enjoying the arrival of Spring… and with so many different egg hunts and celebrations to choose from, you’ll have trouble picking just one!
With that in mind, it’s time to get your kiddos ready for Easter by checking out Sacramento’s best options for local Easter egg hunts. To get you started, we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite Easter egg hunts in the Sacramento area just for you:
- What’s more fun than Easter egg hunts in the grass? Having eggs dropped from a helicopter, of course! On Saturday, March 31 there will be a helicopter egg drop at North Natomas Regional Park. The eggs drop at 9 am and are part of a community event coordinated by Council member Ashby. In addition to the egg drop, the event will feature other activities such as face painting, games, crafts, a visit from the Easter Bunny and more. To learn more, visit the event webpage.
- Or, spend a lovely Spring day at Sacramento’s Easter Eggstravaganza held at Funderland Amusement park! This three-day event takes place March 23-25 and features Easter egg hunts every 30 minutes, ensuring that every child has a chance to find plenty of eggs. The Easter Bunny will visit children throughout the event. The event also includes prizes, free arts and crafts and a vendor fair. Egg hunts are just $3.99 per child. For more information, visit the event website.
- Another amazing option is the City of Sacramento’s Egg Hunt at Southside Park near downtown Sacramento. Vice Mayor Steve Hansen invites you to this fun, family-friendly egg hunt, which takes place on Saturday, March 24 from 12 – 2 pm. So pack up your kiddos and dust off your Easter baskets before heading over to this FREE event. For more information, visit the event Facebook page.
- Are you looking for something a little different this Easter? How about an Easter Egg hunt in a swimming pool? The Underwater Egg Hunt will be held at the Fruitridge Aquatic Center on Saturday, March 31. Bring your Easter baskets and bathing suits to search for eggs at this unique, underwater event. One lucky winner will even win a Golden Egg! The two-hour event starts at 1 pm and participants can enjoy open-swim time before and after the egg hunt. The event cost is $3 per child and includes a special treat for kids. To learn more, visit the event website.
- Another great option is the annual Egg Hunt at Arden Manor in Sacramento. This free event takes place at at Deterding Park on Saturday, March 31. The egg hunt begins at 10 am and is aimed for children 10 and under (kids should bring their own basket for collecting eggs). In addition to the Easter egg hunt, the event will include free crafts for those who would like to participate. For more information, please visit the event webpage.
This year, join the Citrus Heights Kiwanis club for their annual Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, March 31. The egg hunts will be held between 9:30 am – 12 pm (times divided by age group) at Rusch Park in Citrus Heights. In addition to the egg hunt, the event will feature games, DJ, and more. Bring a pair of new or gently used shoes to donate in their shoe drive to be entered to win a special prize! For more information, check out their event calendar.
El Dorado Hills
- The Easter Bunny will be hopping into town on Saturday, March 31 to hide eggs for the El Dorado Hills Community Easter Egg Hunt. The celebration will take place at El Dorado Hills Community Park between 9 and 10:30 am and will include an egg hunt, arts and crafts, and a special visit from the Easter Bunny! Plastic eggs will be hidden throughout the park filled with candy and assorted goodies, and egg hunts will be categorized by age (all children should bring their own baskets). For more information, visit the event webpage.
- Also held on March 31 is the Aqua Egg Hunt at the El Dorado Hills Community Pool. Baskets will be provided for children to join in an aquatics egg hunt with plastic eggs floating on top and scattered along the bottom of the pool. Eggs will be exchanged for goodies. Entry starts and 2 pm, and the aqua-egg hunt starts at 2:30 pm sharp. The Aqua Bunny will be onsite for special photo opportunities. Note that pre-registration is required for the Aqua Egg hunt event. For more information, visit the event webpage.
Held each year in Lembi Park, the Spring Eggstravaganza is the largest egg hunt in Folsom! This year’s event takes place on Saturday, March 31 and includes free kiddie carnival games, entertainment, activities and a HUGE egg hunt featuring more than 25,000 eggs filled with candy and prizes. Egg hunts are divided by age and even include a special egg hunt for adults! The event opens at 8 am, the egg hunts begin at 10 am (bring your own basket for the egg hunt). For more information, visit the event webpage.
For free family fun, hop on over to the Roseville Community Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, March 31. The event will be held from 11 am to 1 pm at Festersen Park in Roseville. The event includes egg hunts and prizes for every age group.
Bring the entire family and catch up with neighbors while the kids race through the grass in search of the coveted “Golden Egg”. In addition to the egg hunt, there will be complimentary bounce houses, family photos, and much more! Attendees are encouraged to RSVP for this free event. To learn more, visit the event website.
Now in it’s third year, the Exclusive Annual Easter Egg Hunt in West Sacramento will be held on Saturday, March 31. The egg hunt takes place from 12:30-3:30 pm at the Bridgeway Oaks Boathouse in West Sac and will be stocked with over 6,000 Easter eggs for the kiddos! Plus, there will be games, crafts, music and so much more!
The Easter Bunny will also be on-site for photo opportunities. The event is free, however donations are accepted in support of local community non-profits. To learn more, visit the event Facebook page.
The Woodland Egg Hunt Eggstravaganza is a fantastic event offering fun for the entire family. This free, all ages event will be held at Velocity Island Park from 9:30 am to 2 pm on March 31. In addition to thousands of hidden Easter Eggs, the event offers free face painting, a bounce house, and is visited by the Easter bunny. Egg hunt start times are 10 am and again at 11:30 am.
The Woodland Egg Hunt Eggstravaganza is a collaboration of participating business and organizations working together to bring more positive events to the Woodland community. For more information, visit the event website.
Easter Egg Hunts in the Sacramento Area
Families in the Sacramento region have so many wonderful options for hunting Easter Eggs with children…. which events will your family attend?
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Michele is a freelance writer based in Sacramento county. She lives in Elk Grove with her husband, two children and four cats. Michele is proud of her role as a working mother and maintains a full-time career. Writing is one of Michele’s passions and she aims to share her unique perspective on parenting through the written word.View All Posts