Easter Egg Hunts in the Sacramento Area
Easter Egg Hunt in the Sacramento Area
Easter Egg Hunt – With winter coming to an end and warmer weather starting to come out, it’s time to start thinking about Spring and Easter this weekend. Sacramento is a superb location for enjoying the arrival of Spring… and with so many different egg hunts and celebrations to choose from, you’ll have trouble picking just one!
With that in mind, it’s time to get your kiddos ready for Easter by checking out Sacramento’s best options for local Easter egg hunts. To get you started, we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite Easter egg hunts in the Sacramento area just for you:
- What’s more fun than Easter egg hunts in the grass? Having eggs dropped from a helicopter, of course! On Saturday, April 20 there will be a helicopter egg drop at North Natomas Regional Park. The eggs will be dropped at 9 am. In addition to the egg drop, the event will feature other activities such as face painting, games, crafts, a visit from the Easter Bunny and more. To learn more, visit the event webpage.
- Elevate Life will be hosting their 8th annual Easter Carnival at Rutter Park in South Sacramento on Saturday April 20, 10 am – 12:30 pm. This promises to be a safe, fun-filled day of activities for both children and their parents. This event will include three age-appropriate Easter Egg hunts, a candy exchange, carnival games, jump houses, train rides, prize giveaways, BBQ and other food, and of course a visit by the Easter Bunny! For more information, visit the event website.
- Another great option is the annual Egg Hunt at Arden Manor in Sacramento. This free event takes place at at Deterding Park on Saturday, April 20. The egg hunt begins at 10 am and is aimed for children 10 and under (kids should bring their own basket for collecting eggs). In addition to the Easter egg hunt, the event will include free crafts for those who would like to participate. For more information, please visit the event webpage.
- This year, join the Citrus Heights Kiwanis club for their annual Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, April 20. The egg hunts will be held between 9 am – 12 pm (times divided by age group) at Rusch Park in Citrus Heights. It’s sure to be an egg-cellent time for all with their games, DJ, and of course the egg hunts!! The Easter Egg Hunts are scheduled as follows:
9:30am – Ages 4 years & under
10:00am – Ages 5 – 7
10:30am- Ages 8 – 12
11:00am – Ages 4 years & under
11:30am – Ages 5 – 12
Please bring your own basket for the hunt. For more information, check out their event page.
- Looking for an eggcellent way to celebrate springtime? Well, bounce on over to Hoppin’ & Huntin’, a FREE annual Easter egg hunt and community celebration Saturday, April 20 from 8:30 am – 11:30 am. Join them at Hagan Community Park for a free egg hunt (three time slots for children 10 and under), photos with the Easter Bunny, games, music, face painting, prizes and more! Learn More Here…
El Dorado Hills
- The Easter Bunny will be hopping into town on Saturday, April 20 to hide eggs for the El Dorado Hills Community Easter Egg Hunt. The celebration will take place at El Dorado Hills Community Park from 9-10:30 am. Activities include; arts and crafts, visit from the Easter Bunny and an egg hunt at 10am SHARP! Areas will be roped off into four different age categories: 2 & younger, 3-4, 5-6, 7 & older. Plastic eggs will be hidden throughout the park filled with candy and assorted goodies! Please have children bring their own baskets. Parents bring your cameras! For more information, visit the event webpage.
- Also held on April 20 is the Aqua Egg Hunt at the El Dorado Hills Community Pool. Baskets will be provided for children to join in an aquatics egg hunt with plastic eggs floating on top and scattered along the bottom of the pool. Eggs will be exchanged for goodies. Entry starts and 2 pm, and the aqua-egg hunt starts at 2:30 pm sharp. The Aqua Bunny will be onsite for special photo opportunities. Note that pre-registration is required for the Aqua Egg hunt event. For more information, visit the event webpage.
- Held each year in Lembi Park, the Spring Eggstravaganza is the largest egg hunt in Folsom! This year’s event takes place on Saturday, April 20 from 8 am – 11 am and this fun annual event includes a pancake breakfast (purchase on site); free kiddie carnival games, entertainment, vendor displays and activities; and the big egg hunt featuring more than 25,000 eggs filled with candy and prize slips! The egg hunt takes place on four sports fields that are divided by age — and there’s even a special egg hunt available for the parents and grandparents! For more information, visit the event webpage.
- For free family fun, hop on over to the Roseville Community Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, April 20. The event will be held from 11 am to 1 pm at Festersen Park in Roseville. The event includes egg hunts and prizes for every age group. Bring the entire family and catch up with neighbors while the kids race through the grass in search of the coveted “Golden Egg”. In addition to the egg hunt, there will be complimentary bounce houses, family photos, and much more! To learn more, visit the event website.
Families in the Sacramento region have so many wonderful options for hunting Easter Eggs with children…. which events will your family attend?
Looking for other Easter events in the Sacramento area? Go to our Events for Kids in Sacramento area or our things to do blog category. You can also check out our comprehensive listing of things to do in Sacramento.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Michele is a freelance writer based in Sacramento county. She lives in Elk Grove with her husband, two children and four cats. Michele is proud of her role as a working mother and maintains a full-time career. Writing is one of Michele’s passions and she aims to share her unique perspective on parenting through the written word.View All Posts