20 Christmas Gift Ideas That Keep Giving All Year
Christmas Gift Ideas
Parents spend a lot of time thinking of perfect Christmas gift ideas and hunt down the latest and greatest toy. This year, instead of sweating it at the mall, consider a Christmas gift that is a little more out-of-the-box. How about giving the gift of a great experience?
Sign your family up for a yearly membership at one of the many amazing attractions in the Sacramento area. Or you could start a subscription which will bring our kids new adventures each month in the mail. These Christmas gift ideas are sure to keep bringing smiles long after the holiday season is over.
Sacramento Attractions – Christmas Gift Ideas
There’s nothing like the gift of a new experience. This year consider taking your family to a local museum, zoo or one of our other Sacramento attractions. It’s the gift that keeps on giving. Most memberships include benefits which allow entrance to special events throughout the year, discounts, and invites to special exhibits. Here are our top attractions with memberships or gift cards in the Sacramento area. They are sure to keep your kids entertained long after the Christmas decorations come down.
1. Sacramento Zoo — The Sacramento Zoo is located at William Land Park in Sacramento and is home to more than 500 native, rare and endangered animals. Their mission is to inspire appreciation, respect and a connection with wildlife and nature. They have special events and exhibits throughout the year so there is always something for every season and every audience. They have a variety of membership packages which include benefits like members-only entry, shopping discounts and more!
2. The Powerhouse Science Center — Powerhouse is a kids science museum in Sacramento, providing fun and educational exhibits in science, technology, engineering, math, and space. Inspire your kids to be future scientists and engineers. They have membership plans to fit families of every shape and size.
3. Rockin Jump — Rockin Jump recently opened a brand new 25,000 sq. ft. Trampoline Park in Roseville (across from the Auto Mall, next to John’s Incredible Pizza). Rockin Jump’s focus is on “Safe, Clean, Fun” for the entire family, its exercise disguised as Fun! The new Trampoline Park has six attractions for the family to try, all are included with your hourly jump pass. They include a 28 ft. high climbing Rock Wall, Dodgeball Court, Slam Dunk Basketball lanes (on Trampolines), a 32 ft. wide air filled Stunt Bag (no dirty foam blocks:), Jousting Beam, and Huge open jump Trampoline area (along with a fenced off trampoline area for 6 year olds and under only). Rockin Jump have many gift card options to choose from.
4. BusyKidz Interactive Museum — BusyKidz is a museum and indoor play-city-in-miniature, allowing kids to play and work in a world of their own. Located in Folsom, BusyKids is modeled after historic Sutter Street. Membership includes open play, 10% off all purchases and a once monthly guest pass to share with a friend! All members also receive a special gift.
5. Boulder Field — The Boulder Field (TBF) is Sacramento’s newest and most exciting rock climbing and fitness gym. Conveniently located at 8425 Belvedere Ave, Suite 100, between Power Inn and Florin Perkins, just south of I50, offers something for everyone. For climbers, TBF offers 10,000 SF of the best bouldering (i.e., climbing without ropes and harnesses, all under 14 feet, with falls onto a highly engineered mat) and climbing training areas in the nation. For fitness enthusiasts in general, TBF offers complete strength and cardio training areas, yoga classes, separate male and female saunas, spotless locker room facilities, and an array of classes.
6. Crocker Art Museum — The Crocker Art Museum is located in Sacramento. It hosts a variety of exhibitions, events, and programs in addition to the state’s art collection. They have special events including films, concerts, studio classes, lectures, children’s activities, and more.
7. Sacramento Children’s Museum — The Sacramento Children’s Museum is located in Rancho Cordova and designed for children to “learn-by-doing!” Let your kids explore hands-on exhibits featuring art, water, airways and fun activities. There is also special area for infants and toddlers to enjoy safe exploration. Membership benefits include unlimited access and members only hours.
8. Funderland Amusement Park — Sacramento’s Premiere Children’s Amusement Park specializes in amusement rides for riders aged 2 to 12. The park has 9 child-sized amusement rides. Admission is always free, but season passes allow for unlimited riding, “bring a friend” days, and discounts!
9. Top Golf — At Topgolf, there’s no pressure to be good. Take a swing, score some points, share a laugh or an app, or just throw an epic party. Any way you play, it’s a great time for all.
10. Aerospace Museum of California — Let your little one explore one of aviation’s greatest showcases at the spacious Aerospace Museum located at McClellan Business Park in Sacramento. Learn about aviation’s past, present and future.
11. Monterey Bay Aquarium — Monterey Bay might be a bit of drive, but the aquarium is an experience well worth the trip. The Monterey Bay Aquarium is your window to marine life. Visit sea otters, penguins, sharks, jellies and thousands of other marine animals and plants. Members get unlimited admission, special evening and early morning hours, discounts on merchandise, previews on special exhibitions and more.
12. Red Door Escape Room — Red Door Escape Room is a fully immersive entertainment experience. Perfect for family, friends, corporate groups, and sports teams, they are on the cutting edge of escape room entertainment. Groups are locked in a room full of cryptic puzzles and hidden clues and have exactly 60 minutes to solve the clues and escape the room. They have 5 fully immersive episodes, from an enchanted fairy tale to breaking out of prison -theye even have a head-to-head game where you can compete with another group to see who can escape first! With over 1,000 5 star reviews, they go above and beyond to make your experience the best one yet!
13. iFly Sacramento — Indoor skydiving is the simulation of true free fall conditions in a vertical wind tunnel. It’s where the dream of flight becomes a reality. Flying is fun, safe, and thrilling for ages 3 to 103! Whether you come for fun or for our STEM Field Trip (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) or just family fun you will surely have a blast! Our STEM program uses our state-of-the-art vertical wind tunnel to inspire and educate students.
Monthly Subscription Boxes – Christmas Gift Ideas
Subscription boxes are a new and amazing trend in the online retail world. You can sign up for a subscription box for just about everything from your weekly groceries to new makeup products. There are a variety subscription boxes designed for the kids in your life. Most subscriptions allow you to tailor the gifts you receive to your child’s age and interests. Subscription boxes are another great way to keep Christmas going all year. Every month will bring a new adventure. You’ll love seeing the look on your child’s face every time that special package arrives. Here’s a line up of the top rated kids subscription boxes to put under your tree this year.
14. Little Passports — Is your child always dreaming about exploring the world? Little Passports inspire kids to learn all about the world around them though monthly Travelers Kits. The kits are filled with maps, suitcase stickers, activity sheets and souvenirs. Little Passports is sure to keep kids interested in exploring well beyond their own backyards.
15. Kiwi Crate — Every month, Kiwi Crate will send all the supplies and instructions to complete 2-3 activities based on a theme. Kiwi Crate (and its affiliates Doodle Crate and Tinker Crate) focus on encouraging STEAM principles. They also send a great magazine with each subscription.
16. KidStir — Learning to cook is an essential for everyone! With this monthly hands-on kit, kids get to build their own cookbooks, try new foods, and learn where food comes from. They will gain important life skills in the kitchen while creating lasting memories.
17. Reading Bug Box — The Reading Bug Box is a subscription box that matches the best in children’s literature and other educational extras to your child’s age, gender, interests and reading level. From read-aloud books for the whole family to enjoy, to early-reader and chapter series for new readers, the Reading Bug Box will grow with your child.
18. Awesome Pack — Most subscription boxes are all about fun and educational (every parents dream) but Awesome Pack is all about focusing on really awesome products that the whole family can enjoy together. Every Awesome Pack includes a quality, unique board game and many family activities, along with Awesome goodies and extras. Awesome Pack has a thorough profile customization to match your family with the right products.
19. KidBox — This is the subscription for your budding fashionistas! With Kidbox, you’ll get a seasonal box of on-trend clothing items and accessories from popular brands. Kidbox has subscriptions for sizes 0-3 month all the way up to size 14.
20. Pen Pals 4 Me — Pen Pals 4 Me inspires children to read, write, draw, and create. Subscriptions are available for children in preschool through grade 5. Twice a month, your child will receive personalized mail filled with letters, activities and more. There are 6 pen pal characters (each with their own interests, goals, and hobbies) to choose from.
This year, try saving some time at the mall and consider a different kind of Christmas gift idea under the tree. These Christmas gift ideas will keep on giving the whole year!
Christmas gift ideas. You can view more things to do with your kids in our growing list of articles in our Blog page.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
An online family resource guide for kids within the Greater Sacramento area. It’s an easy to use directory listing where you can find an array of resources for your kids.View All Posts